Inscrit le: 01 Mar 2018
|Posté le: Ven 27 Avr - 03:55 (2018) Sujet du message: Wholesale Shaun Livingston Jersey
|It's a sad thing when a beloved fish friend comes to the end of its lifespan http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/josh-reynolds/ , when it won't eat or swim, or when it has succumbed to serious injury or disease. It can be difficult to take the responsibility for ending the life of another being but many aquarists feel it's worse to allow a creature you know to be in pain to suffer, when its ailments cannot be cured.
Older methods include flushing, fast freezing, fast boiling, decapitation http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/john-johnson/ , and so on, but are now considered inhumane. Modern fish-keeping methods have suggested a more humane method which is simple, clean, and even inexpensive.
Clove oil (also known as eugenol) is sold in most drugstores as a toothache remedy, and has the remarkable quality of putting fish to sleep. Using clove oil to anaesthetize your ailing fish first will make almost any method of euthanasia more humane, but the quickest and cleanest way is to add a clear grain alcohol like vodka to the water inhaled by the sleeping fish.
For small fish http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/gerald-everett/ , under three inches long:
1) Fill a measuring cup with tank water, noting the volume, and pour it into a separate container (opaque sides will minimize fish stress). Place the fish in the container.
2) Fill a small jar ? full with water from your tank, add one drop of clove oil, put the lid on, and shake thoroughly until the water turns a cloudy white.
3) Pour about a quarter of the white liquid into your container http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/maurice-alexander/ , and allow it to sit for about ten minutes. The fish will begin listing and then sink to the bottom, but the gills will still move every few seconds. If the fish is still moving after ten minutes, shake up the jar again and add another quarter of its contents to the container.
4) When the fish has stopped moving completely except for the gills, add vodka or a similar clear grain alcohol to the water. You'll need to use about a quarter of the original container's volume in vodka: if you put 12 ounces of water in the container, you'll need 3 ounces of vodka (25% of 12 oz) to make the process quick and effective.
5) Check the fish after twenty minutes; if there is no gill movement after sixty seconds, the process is complete; if you do see any movement http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/robert-woods/ , add another dose of clove oil, and then another dose of vodka.
For larger fish you'll need proportionally more clove oil: about 10 drops per gallon of water in the container; and you may need to wait longer before it takes effect. Once the fish is asleep, use the same 25% dose of alcohol to ease them on their way.
An aquarist hopes that they will never have to perform this duty. I think it's better to know that there's a humane way, and never need the information, than to need the information and do something cruel to your fish because you didn't know.
Research firm iSuppli boldly proclaimed last month that 2008 will be known as the year flexible active matrix displays coalesced into a global market.
According to the El Segundo, CA http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/sammy-watkins/ , -based market research group, market for flexible displays worldwide will climb from $80 million last year to $2.8 billion by 2013 -a whopping 35-times increase.
Applications for the flexible displays will range from the way-out-there clothes made out of wearable displays to more conventional display applications like digital signs, electronic display cards and digital shelf labels and end caps.
If you're not familiar with flexible active matrix technology, here's what they are in a nutshell. After much research and development, electronics giant Philips developed a technique for producing super-thin, rollable active matrix (i.e. pixel addressable) display that can be wrapped around objects --for example http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/cooper-kupp/ , a pillar in an airport concourse or a human body in a shirt.
Just this month, a paper in a nanotechnology journal laid out work of researchers at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN, Northwestern University in Chicago and the University of Southern California who had successfully developed the first nanowire transistor-based active matrix display. The organic light emitting diode (OLED) display reportedly is every bit as bright as a flat LCD screen or CRT but has the added benefit of flexibility.
Think for a moment of the countless new applications there will be for digital signage based on this sort of flexible display. Architectural structures, such as pillars, supports and hand rails and even entire buildings; vehicles http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/eric-dickerson/ , such as tractor trailers and automobiles; personal items, such as apparel and umbrellas, all become potential homes for new flexible digital signage. While some surely will fail as appropriate homes form digital signage along the way, these sorts of applications are sure to contribute to the 35-fold growth iSuppli envisions.
As this technology matures so to will its performance characteristics. Tighter curves and smaller bends surely will follow with successive generations of these flexible displays. That in turn will lead to a whole new class of objects upon which the displays can be mounted. Eventually, it might even be possible to wrap a flexible active matrix display around a sphere to transform a ball into a globe displaying a computer graphic representation of the Earth -complete with landmasses and oceans. Or, 21st century equivalents of sandwich-board men http://www.cheapnfljerseysrams.com/aaron-donald/ , could don head-to-toe body wear to display unique promotions and ads. Imagine how that approach could be used to advertise the popular, traveling museum exhibit of plasticized human bodies.
As these applications unfold, there will be a need to address the problem of mapping a two-dimensional image onto a 3-D surface. Here too technology can conquer the challenge. Software applications, such as X-WARP, exist today to correct for such geometric distortions. In fact, such software is being used today to correct geometric distort.